Instagram Launches Live Rooms
Exciting news from social media giants Instagram as they launch ‘Live Rooms. The feature builds on the existing video chat feature, however instead of just allowing two individuals to go live you can now have four.
Users will be able to add other people to their chats and speak as if they are in a video call. That video call is then broadcast, live, to all of their followers, who will receive a notification telling them that the conversation is going on.
The feature similar to Clubhouse but with video rooms, will allow people to broadcast a live feed of conversations with up to four people. The rumour mill is rife right now, as people speculate about Facebook launching its own version of Clubhouse.
How it Works
The roll out is well underway and as soon as you get it start using it. To start a Live Room— swipe left and pick the Live camera option. Then, add a title and tap the Rooms icon to add your guests.
Like normal live chats you will see people who have requested to go live with you and you can also search for a guest to add.
Going live with multiple guests is a great way to increase your reach, as guests’ followers can also be notified.
Ways to use it?
- Monetise : There will also be a way to monetise the talks by asking viewers to buy a badge and “tip” creators during a broadcast.
- Product Demos: A great way to engage users by showing product benefits and how the product can be used.
- Panel Chats and Q&As: Instagram Live Rooms are perfect for hosting panels, Q&As, or webinars rather than sending viewers to another hosting site.
- Live Performances: Live performances were popular on Instagram Live last year
- Audience Feedback Sessions: To gain insights from market research
- Interactive Classes: Workshops, classes and opportunities to learn and share
- Interactive Giveaways or Quizzes: Time for fun and games and interactive competitions