Facebook Launches Reels
Facebook launches Reels
There’s been a lot of exciting new changes from Facebook recently with the launch of “reels” in the US and good news that feature is here to stay!
A tool that has inspired creators on Instagram to reach more audiences is now available on Facebook, whether you are just starting out or already have a large following this will be another game-changer to grow your community and reach new targets organically.
Here are a few things you should know about this new feature:
- Similar to the Instagram version, it will also include music, audio, AR effects and more.
- You can find this new feature on top of your news feed, groups or in the same line to where the stories are. Simply switch between stories, reels or rooms.
- FB reels are limited to 30 seconds, whereas Instagram reels can be up to 60 seconds long.
- FB reels are set to be public for creators who are over 18, but users can change the settings to limit access to friends.
- Sticker and banner ads will also be available on FB reels with a cheaper CPM (cost per impressions).
- FB reels are now available for Android and iOS users in the US only.
Facebook is making video marketing strategy a priority for content creators. As well as the new announcement with reels, they also announced ‘Instagram Video’. A new feature which will simplify the platform’s video content by combining IGTV and Feed videos into a single format called ’Instagram Video’. Reels will continue to have their own separate section. Instagram is also adding new features like trimming, filters, and people and location tagging as part of the updated upload experience.This new feature is accessible via the video tab on the right-hand corner of the home page. A much simpler solution to create and discover new content.
We are excited to see how creators will be making their standout contents from now on, it is certainly a huge game-changer! Let us know in the comments section below what you think about this new discovery!